When Do We Collect Your Data
We collect your personal information in a number of ways:
- When you provide it to us directly on signing up to our services
- When you visit our website
- When you contact us by any means e.g. telephone, email etc
- When you enter prize draws or competitions
- When you engage with us on social media
- When you visit our premises which have CCTV systems. These systems may record your image for the security of you and out staff
What Types of Data Do We Collect
Collecting very specific, relevant information is a necessary part of us being able to provide our services to you as a client.
We collect the following information:
- Your name
- Your contact information including email address and telephone number(s)
- Copies of any documentation you provide to us
- We will keep details of your communications with us through email, telephone, in writing, in person, social media and website forms
- Other information related to customer surveys and/or competitions
- Your recorded image on CCTV when you visit our premises
How We Look After Your Data
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to stop unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard the information we collect from you. We continually monitor our systems for potential areas of vulnerabilities and attacks, and we regularly carry our penetration testing to identify additional ways to protect your data and our business.
How Long Do We Keep Your Data
We will only keep your data for as long as it is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected. At the end of the required retention period we will destroy, delete or anonymise your data.
Who Do We Share Your Data With
We sometimes share your personal data with trusted third parties in order to fulfil our contractual and legal requirements.
To ensure your data is kept safe, we apply the following policies to all organisations:
- We provide only the information they need to perform their specific services
- They may only use your data for the exact purposes we specify with them
- We work closely with them to ensure that your privacy is respected and protected at all times
- If we stop using their services, any of your data held by them will either be deleted or rendered anonymous
Examples of the kind of third parties we work with are:
- IT companies who support our website and other business systems
- Direct marketing companies who help us manager our electronic communications with you
- Google to show you products that might interest you while you’re browsing the internet. This is based on either your marketing consent or your acceptance of cookies on our website.
On occasions we may need to share you’re data with a third party for their own purposes, we will only do this in a very specific circumstances e.g.:
- For fraud management, we may share information about fraudulent or potentially fraudulent activity. This may include sharing data about individuals with law enforcement bodies.
- We may also be required to disclose your personal data to the police or other enforcement, regulatory or Government body, in your country of origin or elsewhere, upon a valid request to do so. These requests are assessed on a case-by-case basis and take the privacy of our customers into consideration.
For further information please contact our Data Protection Officer.
Why We Need Your Data
We require this information to understand your needs and supply you with the best possible service. We use your information in development of our legitimate interests in operating our services, websites and business. We can break the data we collect into the following categories:
Client Data: As a Laver Group customer we need to collect and use information about
you to provide you with our services such as:
- Ensuring compliance with tax and employment laws
- Responding to your queries and requests for information
- Sending you information by email, telephone, web and post about Laver Group which is likely to be relevant and helpful to you – you can opt out of this at any time
- To protect our business and yourself to defend a legal claim and/or as part of the legal requirement
We will only ask you for the details that we need to enable us to carry out our
contractual arrangements to ensure our service to you runs smoothly.
Supplier Data: We collect data from you to enable us to carry out our contractual
arrangements, so our relationships run smoothly.
Website Visitors: We use third party services to generate useful insights into visitors to our site and to help us manage the services we provide. This includes information such as how you use our websites, the frequency with which you access our websites, and the times that our websites is most popular.
Age Limitations: We do not allow use of services and websites by anyone under 16 years old. If you know of anyone younger than 16 that has provided us with information, please contact us and we will delete the information.
Where Your Data Is Processed
In order to provide our services to you sometimes we need to share your personal data with one of our trusted third parties outside of the European Economic Area (EEA), such as the United States.
On the occasions we do this we have procedures in place to ensure your data receives the same protection as it would if it stayed within the EEA. For more details about this please contact our Data Protection Officer.
Controlling Your Personal Information and Your Rights
You have the right to request:
- Access to the personal data we hold about you, free of charge in most cases.
- The correction of your personal data when incorrect, out of date or incomplete.
- That we stop using your personal data for direct marketing (either through specific channels, or all channels).
- That we stop any consent-based processing of your personal data after you withdraw that consent.
- Review by us of any decision made based solely on automatic processing of your data (i.e. where no human has yet reviewed the outcome and criteria for the decision).
You have the right to request a copy of any information about you that we hold at any time, and also to have that information corrected if it is inaccurate. To ask for your information, please contact Laver Group, Riverside Buildings, Nile Road, Pontypridd, CF37 1BW, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. If we choose not to action your request, we will explain to you the reasons for our refusal.
Your Right to Withdraw Consent
Whenever you have given us your consent to use your personal data, you have the right to change your mind at any time and withdraw that consent.
You can inform us at any time that we stop using your personal data for direct marketing (either through specific channels, or all channels).
However, in cases where we are processing your personal data on the basis of our legitimate interest, you can ask us to stop for reasons connected to your individual situation. We must then do so unless we believe we have a legitimate overriding reason to continue processing your personal data.
You have the right to stop the use of your personal data for direct marketing activity through all channels, or selected channels. You can stop your personal data being used for directing marketing by:
Writing to: Service Delivery Manager, Laver Group Ltd., Riverside Buildings, Nile Road, Pontypridd, CF37 1BW.
We will always comply with your request.
Checking Your Identity
To protect the confidentiality of your information, we will ask you to verify your identity before proceeding with any request you make under this Privacy Notice. If you have authorised a third party to submit a request on your behalf, we will ask them to prove they have your permission to act.
Links to Other Websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Contacting Laver Group
To contact our Data Protection Officer please email ServiceDelivery@lavergroup.com or write to Data Protection Officer, Laver Group Ltd., Riverside Buildings, Nile Road, Pontypridd, CF37 1BW. If you are not satisfied with our response or believe we are not processing you data in accordance with the law you can complain to the Information Commissioners Office (ICO), their details can be found on the website or
you can telephone 0303 123 1113.