Keeping Safe in your Home
Badly fitted and poorly serviced appliances can cause gas leaks, fires, explosions and carbon monoxide poisoning.
- Only use a Gas Safe registered engineer.
- Always check the engineer’s Gas Safe ID card.
- Check they are qualified for the work you need. You can
find this on the back of the ID card.
- Get your gas appliances regularly serviced and safety checked every year.
- Carbon monoxide can kill. Fit an audible carbon
Ask to see my Gas Safe ID card
Every engineer carries the Gas Safe ID card, check the card for:
- the licence number
- the start and expiry date
- the security hologram
- the work the engineer is qualified to do
- up-to-date qualifications.
You can also check at
or call 0800 408 5500.